Dealing with domestic violence can be painful and every day thousands of domestic violence cases have been reported. When one partner in a relationship is abusive to another and causes them physical and mental pain then it is known as domestic violence. Such type of activity or action is only done to gain power or control in a relationship. And to deal with the same, people prefer to hire a domestic violence lawyer. So if you are seeking support then you can visit a Vancouver domestic violence lawyer.
Types Of Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is classified into 5 different types. And we are going to discuss it one by one.
- Psychological Abuse – This is the most common type of abuse where the partner does not physically harm the other one but try to threaten the other by creating an impression that they will harm their property or disconnect them with their friends and daily, etc. This is a kind of abuse where a partner tries to abuse others using a psychological trick and playing mind games. Most of the time during this abuse, victims don’t even realize that something wrong is happening with them.
- Economic Abuse – As the name implies, this is the kind of abuse where the other parties threaten to take all the economic assets of the partner if they don’t act as per their wish.
- Sexual Abuse – Sexual abuse is defined as pressuring or trying to force any sexual activity against consent. Sexual abuse can take many forms, including spousal rape, assaults on sexual organs, forcing intimacy after physical abuse, creating agony for the sake of sex, or insulting a spouse in a sexually humiliating manner.
- Physical Abuse – Domestic abuse in this aspect is by far the most noticeable. Any behavior that produces physical discomfort or puts the victim’s life, health or growth in jeopardy is deemed a criminal under the domestic abuse act. Physical abuse is considered a type of indictable offense, illegal force, or even attack.
- Emotional Abuse – Emotional abuse follows verbal harassment and this kind of harassment is well-known. It has been discovered that a chronic pattern of emotional maltreatment contributes to psychological abuse and a loss of self-esteem in women.
These are the most common types of abuse that partners face in their marriage.
If you or your loved one is going through such kind of domestic violence then it is best to seek help. There are many laws that protect women against domestic violence.