Imagine you are at work and need to move stacks of boxes. You suddenly feel pained and it starts screaming out because of the shoulder and neck pain that you can’t bear. Whether it is a slipped disc or a pulled muscle, you need medical assistance. It means you are about to enter the worker’s compensation claim.
Your first call would be someone who makes you feel secure, a certified seattle wa workplace injury lawyer – it is a great idea!
Signs to hire a workplace injury lawyer
How your insurance company or your insurance carrier handle your case, is in your best interest of getting a lawyer. There are different signs you a workers’ compensation lawyer on your case:
- Employer or insurance company denies the injury has occured at work. It is often the case when a worker has experienced a slight injury and it goes unreported. The injury is worsened further at work, which becomes serious and the employer says the original injury didn’t occur at work. It also happens when the long-term effects of exposure to something at work develop a disease.
- The company drags its feet with the worker’s claim. When injured in the workplace, you must instantly notify the employer and begin the reporting process. The company should provide you with the following processes:
- proper paperwork
- report the case to the state workers’ compensation board
- file a claim with the insurance carrier
Reporting deadlines and regulations changes in different regions, so you should not wait for a longer right to complete the process.
- Suffering permanent disability. Permanent disability means it stops you from returning to work. It means that you will no longer earn an income as your regular job is lost now due to the incapability of performing the work. Insurance companies are more likely to contest such claims because they are pricey.
- The insurance company denies paying the doctor’s recommendation of treatment. This is also another common practice when an injured worker’s recovery and rehabilitation expenses are refused by the insurance company to pay. A workplace injury lawyer can help you file a case against the insurance company to get your insurance benefits.
- The insurance company denies the worker’s injury compensation claim. Things can get complicated if you do the process of the benefits to get a worker’s injury compensation claim but the insurance company denies it.
The Seattle WA workplace injury lawyer can help you settle all these things to address legal actions to fight for your rights to settlement.